Dr. Leen Cappon is a unsalaried postdoctoral researcher at Ghent University. She works as a researcher in the forensic psychiatric department of the Psychiatric Center Sint-Jan-Baptist in Zelzate. Her research focuses on (female) mentally disordered offenders and aggression management within forensic psychiatric care. She holds a PhD and Master’s degree in Criminology (Ghent University) and a Master’s degree in Psychology (Ghent University).
Selected societal impact activities
- Forensic psychiatric care
- Female mentally ill offenders
- Inpatient aggression
- Treatment evaluation of female mentally disordered offenders in forensic psychiatric care (PC Sint-Jan-Baptist)
- Aggression management in forensic psychiatric care (PC Sint-Jan-Baptist)
- De Varé, J., Baetens, V., De Clercq, M., Tremmery, S., De Decker, A., Heyndrickx, M., & Cappon, L. (2017). Routine outcome monitoring in de forensische psychiatrie : Implementatie in de medium security unit in Zelzate. Panopticon, 38, 492-500.