Sofie Depauw is a Postdoctoral voluntary Research Fellow at Ghent University. Early 2019, Sofie finished her PhD on mutual admissibility of forensic evidence in criminal matters in the EU at the Institute of International Research on Criminal Policy (IRCP, Ghent University). Sofie holds a Master of Laws (Ghent University, 2014) and first joined IRCP in February 2013. At the moment, Sofie works as a legal advisor to the Belgian Federal Parliament and as a teaching assistant to the courses of substantial criminal law of prof. dr. Wendy De Bondt.
- International, European and national criminal (procedural) law
- Forensic evidence
- European cooperation in criminal matters
- Depauw, S. (2019). Mutual admissibility of evidence in criminal matters in the EU : a study of forensic evidence.
- Depauw, S. (2018). Electronic evidence in criminal matters : how about E-evidence instruments 2.0? European Criminal Law Review, 8(1), 1–23
- Depauw, S., & van Puyenbroeck, L. (2016). Potpourri II : wijzigingen m.b.t. het strafrecht en de strafvordering. Mechelen: Wolters Kluwer.